Everything Happens at the Perfect Time

Overlooking Auckland, New Zealand from Mt. Eden during sunset

I am always trying to fill my calendar with as much productive stuff as possible – either for work, home chores, or other side projects. I do put it a fun activity in my calendar once in a while, but you know what I mean. We only have so many hours in a day and we have so many goals to reach (30-something career-woman talking over here), and I do believe that hard work pays off.

It doesn’t help that we are at the age of Instagram and highlight reels. (Almost) everything in social media looks picture perfect, glamorous, and impressive. There are times when I can’t help but compare myself and where I’m at. How do these people my age (or even younger) achieve so much? And this is applicable to other aspects of life as well, aside from one’s career. Relationships, family, friendships, material possessions, you name it. Someone’s Instagram feed is always a world better than yours. We need to keep reminding ourselves that social media is a very filtered, pretty mask. You can’t see the ugly stuff (unless, of course, the person you are following really wants to show everyone how miserable his/her life is).

I tend to forget that I am human. I cannot control and do everything. How egotistical it is to think that I, with my efforts alone, can make things happen. In the grand scheme of things, I am just a tiny speck of dust (I’d like to believe I’m a stardust, at least.), and with everything happening in my life, I possibly can control maybe 1%. The other 99% isn’t up to me at all.

Given that, I do not need to feel helpless. Instead, it pushes me to believe that there is a Higher Power supporting and taking care of me, and that brings a sigh of relief. This Power (you can call it God, the Universe, whatever you believe in) is working at aligning everything for the greater good. I find solace in knowing that everything that is meant for me is already being taken care of, and everything that is meant to happen will happen at the perfect time. This Power is never late, nor early, so there is no need to fret.

However, this is not to say that we don’t have to do the work. Of course we still have to move our butts and get things done. What I’m trying to say (to myself as well, as I need this reminder constantly), is that instead of complaining and being bitter, be grateful and appreciate how far we’ve come. Discontent and envy cannot exist where there is gratitude.

So, there’s no need to worry or hurry, and just have faith. We  just have to deal with the 1% that we can manage, do our best, and get out of the way and let the Higher Power do its magic 🙂


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s