For many years, turmeric has been used in Ayurveda for its anti-inflammatory benefits which mostly comes from curcumin, which is the active ingredient in turmeric. Research has been done to study the health benefits of turmeric for cardiovascular disease, diabetes, arthritis, high cholesterol, and even cancer.
In some mornings, I’d swap my usual coffee for a hot cup of turmeric latte. But you can also have it as a nice, relaxing drink before going to bed. The recipe that I use has some extra ingredients other than turmeric and milk.
- 1 cup almond milk (Can substitute with coconut milk)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/8 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1-2 tsps honey (I usually use a stevia sweetener instead. You can also use maple syrup.)
- Heat almond milk, but don’t let it boil. You can do this on the stove (using low heat) or in the microwave (heat 30 seconds at a time).
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir or whisk
- Optional: Top with additional cinnamon if you wish
Enjoy this warm hug in a mug! 💜