In the past months, we have been trying to consciously add more vegetables in our meals. Sometimes it’s curry-based, sometimes it’s just roasted veggies with some spices. Recently we tried making some veggie pasta. Below is the sun dried tomato and chickpea pasta we did based on Sweet Peas and Saffron’s recipe. Chickpea is a good source of protein, so you’re not missing out on it even if there’s no meat in the dish 😊
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2-3 cloves chopped garlic
- 3-4 pcs. mushrooms, quartered
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. chili flakes
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 400g canned chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 cups pasta
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups spinach (can substitute with kale)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (we used a mix of parmesan and swiss cheeses)
- Optional: ¼ cup carrot cut into strips
- In a medium pot, saute the onion and garlic until the onion turns translucent.
- In the same pot, combine the mushrooms, salt, pepper, chili flakes, sun dried tomatoes, chickpeas, pasta and stock. If you have carrots, add those in too.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Once it’s boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the spinach/kale and cheese until cheese is melted.
- Optional: Top with more cheese before serving.