Okay, so that’s not a bottle of cold brew coffee in the photo 😄 I just re-used an old bottle for this little DIY facial wash.
The season is changing from summer to autumn here in New Zealand, and the big changes in temperature, plus stress, always trigger my eczema. I find that my usual drugstore facial wash is too harsh for me when my skin is like this, and my skin dries up pretty fast.
Apart from that, I have always wanted to switch, little by little, to making my own stuff, and try to reduce waste and use natural ingredients as much as I can. This facial wash is pretty easy to make and it smells so good! The recipe I used is based on Living Well Mom‘s website.
- 1/3 cup castile soap
- 1/3 cup honey (If the honey is too thick, you can warm it up a bit)
- 3 tbsp boiled water
- 2 tbsp carrier oil (I used olive oil for this one, but you could also use argan, jojoba, almond, or avocado oil.)
- 5-8 drops of lavender essential oil
- A clean container for storing your face wash (So yeah, I used an old cold brew glass bottle for mine.)
- Put all the ingredients in your container
- Close the container and give it a shake
- Done! Remember to shake it before using as well