Here’s an easy, no-bake, snack / dessert that you can prep and enjoy for the week (or next couple of days). The recipe is very flexible, and you can add in whatever ingredient you fancy – maybe some seeds or chocolate chips.
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup nuts (Feel free to use whatever nuts you like. I had some cashews in the pantry, so I used that.)
- 1 tbsp nut butter (My nut butter at home is mixed with dark chocolate, so that worked out well.)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Optional: Feel free to use other ingredients – dried fruits, seeds, shredded coconut – the possibilities are endless!
- Put the nuts in a food processor and grind until crumbly.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until the ingredients stick together and are well-combined. If the mixture becomes too dry, add a splash of water (or maple syrup if you want a bit more sweetness).
- Chill the mixture in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- Roll the mixture into balls.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.